Saturday 22 March 2008

Why?

Its hard to say why exactly, not one thing in particular, but probably a combination of lots of things...

1. My friend Alice decided to give up plastics

2. Our council refuses to provide us with wheelie bins for our rubbish but provides 5 rolls of plastic recycling bags for us to use.

3. On our flight to Vermont to go skiing this year, I read a book by Judi Levine called "Not buying it" (kinda recommended, but you should probably borrow it)

4. On the way back, I watched the movie narrated by Leonardo diCaprio called 11th Hour (recommended)

5. Its about time I started another blog so what nobler quest is there than this?

Someone wiser than me once said that Every action has an equal and opposite reaction*, follow my attempts to understand what impact we are really having on our planet and if it is actually possible that we will not survive the results of our actions.


* Newton's law of motion

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo hoo, I'm famous! Good luck saving humanity. I hope its easier than living without buying plastic.